Whether you are seeking treatments for a condition related to aging, overuse, a traumatic accident or a sports-related injury, Bumrungrad International’s Orthopedic Center has the expertise to help improve your quality of life, range of motion, and mobility. The Center's orthopedic specialists bring training and experience from Thailand, the USA and Europe, offering patients a broad array of state-of-the-art orthopedic interventions. Through our different sub-specialty centers (Spine Institute, Joint Replacement Center, Sports Medicine, Scoliosis Center, and Pain Management Clinic) our multidisciplinary orthopedic team is committed to finding the best treatment path for you.
What We Treat
From head to toe, Bumrungrad International’s Orthopedic Department offers education, reconditioning and a complete program that keeps each patient moving freely and easily. We currently treat more than 33,000 patients a year at our Orthopedic Center. Following are some of the many services we offer:
Hand & Upper Extremity Services
If you have pain or limited use of your hand, wrist, forearm, or shoulder, one of our orthopedic specialists can help. Our expert hand and upper extremity surgeons treat problems from the fingertips to the shoulder blades. From arthritis to bursitis (inflammation of the bursa), carpal tunnel syndrome to hand trauma, we can facilitate the restoration of function while reducing pain in order to improve your quality of life.
Joint Replacement Services
Bumrungrad International’s Joint Replacement Center specializes in total joint care. From shoulder to knee, pre-operative planning to post-operative exercises, our specialists will create an individualized treatment plan to achieve the best possible outcome. We use the latest and most advanced robotic systems to deliver accurate treatment options aimed to restore mobility and get you back to the activities you enjoyed before joint pain interfered.
- MAKOplasty© – This is but one of the robotic systems Bumrungrad International uses to provide accurate and precise treatments to those needing knee and hip replacements. MAKOplasty© is an interactive system our surgeon uses to accurately place implants. This allows for more consistency and accuracy in measurements which leads to a better outcome and faster recovery time for patients.
Spine Institute / Scoliosis Center and Pain Center
The Spine Institute, along with the Pain Center, at Bumrungrad International offers expert, personalized medical care and cutting-edge surgeries to treat a wide range of spinal conditions. We help patients with diverse conditions increase function so that they may reach their full potential. Here are just some of the many spine conditions we treat:
- Radiculopathy (cervical, thoracic, and lumbar)
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated discs
- Vertebral compression fractures
- Spine fractures and other spinal trauma
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spine Infection
- Rheumatoid Spine
Our Spine Institute offers the latest and most modern surgical procedures in the region to deliver treatments to individuals suffering from a wide range of complex spinal conditions. This includes the ability of our specialists to use an endoscope (Spinal Endoscopic Surgery) on most procedures thereby ensuring a small and precise surgical incision (8mm) which allows for less blood loss and a faster recovery. In most cases, the individual can walk immediately after surgery. The Spine Institute/Scoliosis Center has taken further steps integrating technology and human ingenuity by using the most advanced robotic arm technology available to assist in the latest treatments:
- Mazor X™ Robot-assisted Spine Surgery – This type of surgery enables surgeons to conduct minimally invasive surgeries with a guided robotic arm which allows for the most precise instrument trajectory. Because of this robotic arm, surgery can be pre-planned in even the most challenging cases. The 3D monitor helps surgeons see the pictures clearly and the robotic arm can bend, turn, and move freely in all directions. This helps reduce surgery time and patients’ blood loss while encouraging fast recovery as the robot-assisted surgery requires tiny incisions and creates little damage to surrounding tissues.