What We Treat
The IVF Clinic in Bumrungrad International provides personalized, quality fertility care in the region. As one of the leading fertility centers in Southeast Asia, our dedicated staff has helped thousands of couples realize their dreams of creating a family.
As part of Bumrungrad International’s commitment to compassionate care, we provide our patients expert care coupled with advanced technology and high success rates. By seeking treatment at Bumrungrad International’s IVF Clinic, our patients have several unique advantages such as the following:
- Obtain all your fertility services on site – including infertility testing, reproductive surgery, egg retrievals, embryo transfers, and IVF with highly advanced lab.
- Receive the care you need, no matter how difficult your case –Bumrungrad International’s IVF Clinic is one of the top referral fertility centers in the region.
- Easy and immediate consultation with access to different specialties for the continuity of care for pregnancy, delivery and beyond, all at the same location.
Diagnosis & Treatment
The embryology lab at Bumrungrad International’s IVF Clinic is responsible for identifying and processing patient oocytes for fertilization, embryo culture and selection, and for cryopreservation and storage of embryos. In addition, the IVF lab also processes embryo biopsies for preimplantation genetic screening and preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) to detect any abnormality in the number of chromosomes or diseases transmitted through the genes, such as Down syndrome or aneuploidy, etc. The technique also increases the chances of pregnancy per frozen embryo transfer. Our IVF lab services include:
- IUI (Intrauterine Insemination): This process involves placing sperm directly inside a women’s uterus to facilitate fertilization
- IVF (In Vitro Fertilization): This process involves an egg being fertilized by sperm outside a women’s body in a laboratory. The fertilized egg (embryo) is then implanted into a women’s uterus to cause pregnancy
- Female egg (oocyte) retrieval, incubation, evaluation and fertilization
- Unique incubator chambers for each patient’s embryos
- PGD and screening
- Selecting optimal embryos for day 3 or 5 blastocyst transfer
- Vitrification for freezing eggs or embryos for use in a later IVF treatment (cycle), post-treatment storage or for fertility preservation.
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection
- Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (PESA)
- Testicular Sperm Extraction (TESE)
- Microsurgical Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (MESA)
- Physicians, surgeons and embryologists specializing in fertility
- On site embryology laboratory
Additional Bumrungrad Regulations for Fertility Treatment
- Assisted reproductive technology (ART) is not available for women who test positive for HIV. ART is available for men who test positive for HIV if his viral load is less than 50 copies.
· Egg and sperm donations will only be available for couples who have medical indications. Bumrungrad International Hospital’s Ethical Committee must approve the process before treatment may begin.
· Sperm donations are available at Bumrungrad. However, before donating sperm, the donor must pass a screening test.
· Egg donations are available at Bumrungrad. But, women who would like to donate eggs must have legal marriage status, the official marriage certificate, and pass the screening test.
· Fertility treatment at Bumrungrad does not provide an embryo’s gender selection service. However, we will select the best embryo for the patient.
· Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) or Preimplantation genetic screening (PGS) will be provided dependent upon fertility indications (frequent miscarriage, women aged over 35 years, failure of IVF 2-3 times).
- On the day of screening, if an abnormality is found, it may be discussed. If the abnormality can be fixed, it must be done before fertility treatment may begin.
- Recommended date of visit for IUI or IVF treatments is first or second day of period.
Tentative Duration for Fertility Treatment is 20 – 25 days
- Day 1-2: Couples will undergo the screening process and consult with a fertility specialist. All screening tests will be completed.
- Day 2: Fertility treatment can begin with an injection for ovarian stimulation. The ovarian response will be monitored by ultrasonography with hormone test (blood withdrawal).
- Day 12-14 of the cycle: Expected date of egg retrieval.
- Day 19 of the cycle: The embryo will be transferred (In the fresh cycle)
- For frozen cycle: Embryos can be transferred any time after the 3rd week from the previous IVF.